Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Dreaded First Blog



I have always found that the first blog is always the most difficult. For some strange reason it feels like I'm trapped in a large room with strangers-- my hands sweaty, my heart racing, hoping against hope that no one notices me or if they do they're courageous enough to started the conversation. Because let's face it, I'm going to saying something cleverly crafted like 'You're lips remind me of an angel fish with Christmas hooks dangling off it.' yeah that's me... smooth.
I guess the the only similarity about the large party and the blog is that I feel like I should say something--meaningful, thoughtful, interesting-- and have the horrible feeling that I'll fall short.
But here's the real painfully beauty of the blogging world-- nothing will get done if I don't start it.
Geeze!
So what are the important things to know about me?
  • I'm a native of Colorado and for the majority of my life I've lived in the Denver area.

  • I went to Mesa State in Grand Junction for my BA in English (granted you will not find any that fancy stuff called grammar or good spelling at this blog)
  • I'm in my mid-twenties-- but most of the time I either feel thirteen or eighty. What can I say, I have the body of a thirteen year old and the senile common sense of an eighty year old.

  • I hate tuna sandwiches-- the only thing I will not put in my mouth ever again.

  • I'm planning on become the crazy, old, cat lady-- if there are any openings in your community let me know and I'll send in my application and resume.
  • I'm not a fan of the color orange BUT my whole apartment is in this color and I just love it.

  • I'm the goddess of paper at my work

  • The only perfume I own is called 'Oil of Street Car' that my father picked up in New Orleans some years ago

  • I own over 400 books and I'm sure I've only read at best a 1/4 of them

  • I love taking pictures. the camera I'm using for 'the around the town' pictures is my Nikon Coolpix 2100-- a camera the parents bought me four years back for Christmas and only in the last years has actually been used.

  • I'm having a hard time finding pictures of myself. mmmm must working on that.

The General idea for this blog:

  • I plan on doing three to five entries a week all on the weekends so if I haven't blogged in awhile don't worry they're coming
  • I'll most likely be lazy and just post a picture for one of my weekly blogs.
  • heck, the general idea can be gathered from the introduction of this blog.

that's it for now kids!



2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on starting your blog. Keep with it, it will get easier.

katina said...

yay! you're blogging again...though I do think you mean "Don't worry if my blog isn't updated all the time" as opposed to "Do worry"