Monday, May 21, 2012

Crafty Monday: White Jars for fresh cut flowers

I used Semi-shine on this one which resulted in the running effect I ended up using the full spray bottle.
Source: Women's Day

Materials:
  • Glass jar, cleaned, with label removed
  • Tube of white puff paint
  • Matte white spray paint

  1. Applying even pressure, draw a design on the jar with the tip of the puff paint (I stamped the jar first with the desired designed using dark green as the ink and let dry). Allow the paint to fully dry (double the time recommended of the packaging).
  2. In a well-ventilated space on a news-paper-covered surface, apply a light coat of spray paint to the jar, holding the can 12'' away; let dry. Apply 2 or 3 more light coats, allowing to dry after each, until the jar is fully covered.
  3. I tied a ribbon on the jar; however, I bet cutting the ribbon to the circumference of the jar's lip and hot gluing it would be more cute.  

No comments: