Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A New Adventurer-- Belly Dancing


What can I say? Since my college days I've been dying to try out Belly Dancing. We had a group of older ladies that would shake their stuff at every event and I always wanted to be as beautiful as these ladies. So I signed up with a local place that offers Belly Dancing for an once a week two month section. So far we've learned Ciro walk, shim, freeze, grape vine, ball in chain, step ladder, hula ring circle, camel, head slides, and the many different ways to move one's hips. And I've learned that I differently do not have any skill in this type of dance at all. She keeps on telling us 'have strong inter thighs" and although I get the idea I have no clue how do it-- and control my movement because of it. For the most part I look like a lanky five year old roughly playing at a princess dance. And my chest hurts horrible while doing most of the moves.

I'm afraid I'm really looking forward of this experience being over with.



1 comment:

katina said...

Kristie's theory is that white girls can't dance. or something like that.