Sunday, October 25, 2009

NaNoWriMo is almost here!!!


Yes, that's right, NaNoWriMo starts a week from today. And is NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month were crazed writers attempt to create a piece of writing the length of a novel, 50,000 words in one month. Insane, I know. I first heard about National Novel Writing when I was in college. I happened to be looking through a writing magazine when the ad jump up at me. Since then I've been supporting and promoting this event for all my writing friends. Funny, that this year is the first that I'll serious attempt to do it myself. Last year I did create a November writing goal for myself, which quickly went to the way side in a few days. This time I'm planning on really trying this out. So join me as I arm myself if my trusted pen and paper and support group to attempt something I've yet to accomplish. I'm going to attempt to actually finish a piece of writing longer than 20 pages. I know, scary isn't it?

If you have more questions about NaNoWriMo please visit their website at http://nanowrimo.org/. Of course I you don't have to attempt something so massive as a full novel-- but if you write, use this month to come up with reachable goals for you. Since National Blog Writing Month is also in November, maybe you should start there and attempt to write daily. buy a journal and try to fill it by the end of the month, commit yourself on researching agencies and publishing houses if you have already finished a project. Fool-proof you query and cover letters, research/save for/and sign up for a writing conference this month or in the future -- there's some many wonderful things you can do with this.

Check in with this blog--I'm planning on posting solutions to writer's block and inspirational quotes daily. Happy Writing!

No comments: