Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Toe in the Kitchen Tuesday

Title: Chicken Mozzarella
Tried it:1/22/11
Source: Campbell Casseroles: Great for Cooking
Easiness(out of five starts: 5-the only way to make this more easy is not baking at all)
Rating (out of five stars): 4 stars on taste
Full time: 25 minutes

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 cups corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini), cooked without salt and drained

1. Place the chicken in a 11x8 inch shallow baking dish. Stir the soup, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl. Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken.
2. Bake a 400*F for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken. serve with the pasta.

Review: Like all the recipes in this book, the Chicken Mozzarella had three steps and less than seven items. This makes this the ideal type of book for beginning cooks. Also, the recipes do have the 'out of the can/out of the bag' approach to cooking, which makes it less time consuming and simple. Since I'm not a huge fan of tomato soup in general I was expecting this to be less than great. But doctoring it up with a little bit of spice and the garlic powder, really picked it up. I think I made way too much pasta for the amount of sauce we had... I am not even included it the next time I make this. Mom also enjoyed it.

2 comments:

katina said...

I saw this book the other day at Borders. I didn't get it because I'm not a big fan of casseroles, but damn some of those recipes looked good.

Dani said...

Yes. I wouldn't have picked this up for myself either-- since I'm also not a big fan of casseroles. But Rachel uses it all the time and gave it as a gift awhile back. There's enough recipes in the book that aren't 'casseroles' that makes it worth it.