Monday, July 4, 2011


currently listening to: Rod Stewart's (I Know) I'm Losing You. From Co-worker/Friend Paula's Library

So, I'm still getting set up for my music month. I have singed up for Pandora. The original song used is Lips of an Angel by Hinder. I also continued to rip Paula's CDs. I only have 32 more to go (or at least on this binder)!!

Facebook friends chimed in on what they think I would like. The clear winner suggested by three people is Abney Park, a steampunk group. Which I've already You Tube and absolutely adore! Very Scottish feel well done and easy to listen too.

Here what facebook friends' picks:

Cassandra (high school friend)
album:Heartland: An Appalachian Anthology.
style: folk/bluegrass/awesomeness
artists: Joshua Bell, Yo-yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Bela Fleck, etc.

Heather (Met through Friends)
song: Airship Pirate
style: Steampunk
artists: Abney Park

Tate' (Elementary/Middle School Friend)
album: Brother (and older stuff)
style: blues/jazz/rocky goodness
artists: The Black Keys

Jason (Friend's husband)
local bands
artist: The Heyday
artist: Churchill

Libby (College friend)
songs:Listen to Water with the Wine, Like Fire, Down to Zero, Help Yourself, Somebody Who Loves You
artist:Joan Armatrading.

artist:Clapton.
artist:Steve Winwood.
artist: Ray LaMontaigne

artist: Al Stewart
album: Year of the Cat, Time Passages

Jessica (College Friend)
Abney Park
Nightwish
Kamelot
Blackmoore's Night
Gaelic Storm
Joss Stone- Introducing Joss Stone Album.
Anna Nalick's Wreck of a Day
Meg & Dia's Something
Rea and Renee Olstead's Skylarkl.
Brian Setzer's Wolfgang's big night out.

Spring Lea (Library Friend)
They Might Be Giants.
Start with Flood.
Abney Park. Sleep Isabella is my fave track. :)

Katina and Shawn (Sister and Brother-in-law)
Ghost Buffalo
Map and Atlases
August Burns Red
Death Cab for Cutie's Soul Meet Body

No comments: