Sunday, July 10, 2011

Music for 7th and 8th of July


currently listening to: T3's Anything for Youfrom: Paula's collection
So for the end of the week I listened off my Color Nook the 8 CDs I uploaded to it:
70's Groove Machine (disc 1)
Confessions- Usher
Hotter Dance
Labour of Love- UB40
Let's Get it: Thug Motivation 101- Young Jeezy
Soul Food
Wilson Philips-Wilson Phillips
The first part of the Thursday, I listened to the CDs on random. The Nook clearly took a clear liking to UB40's Red Red Wine, playing it 4 times with in a 3 hours time period. After talking to coworker Jen, I changed the listening by playing by CD so I would know what artist/song was actually playing.

Thoughts so far: for not really listening to rap before, I thought Young Jeezy was decent. There is background music in all the songs. Some of the genera's traits as in saying the raps name repeatedly and telling you what type of music you are listening to was funny to me since it seems as if you bought the CD and are listening shouldn't you know what type of music this is and who the artist is? The CD was the clean version and I didn't really like the hiccups of blocking out the bad words. I had a great time getting Paula to laugh at what I thought the lyrics are- which were probably more innocent than the real ones.
Here are some of my lyrics:

Vampire so white it hurts my eyezzzzzzz

sitting here now on a trap
I'm a bridal
I'm the soul survivor

They want to lock me up like an acorn

Oh I really loved the 'boom boom clap' in And Then What. Out of the CD I liked And Then What (probably because of the catchy snare drum sound) and My Hood- where my car model is mentioned *squeal*


I was surprised that I really enjoyed Usher. Usher is like the R&B soully Prince- where all his songs seem to be about sex. I admitted that I blushed while listening to his That's What It's Made For song- I felt completely guilty on listening to this song at work. I was most interested on hearing the first Confessions song, since Confessions, Pt. 2 is played on the radio with some regularity. Clearly there is a reason why the second one is played-- it's a great song and has the meat of the matter in it. coworker Jen informed me that Usher had a tour where only his female fans could buy tickets. He sure does love the ladies ;)

Wilson Phillips- throw back to the 80's is the main feel of the CD. However, they were easy to listen to. The most annoying thing however was that some of these songs have been covered (or did Wilson Phillips do the covering?) by other artist and I was driving myself insane trying to figure out the who sung the other versions. Favorite on this album: Reason to Believe.

Groove Machine- I was expecting to have more songs on this CD. Of course some of these songs were familiar like Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime, Raiders' Indian Reservation 9which was remade by a country star), Tommy Roe's Crimson and Clover, and Badfinge's Day After Day. It's nice to know the artists and song titles- so yay music project. Favorite on the CD- Tommy Roe-Crimson and Clover; Badfinger's Day after Day (though it somehow reminds me of Rockey Horror Picture Show) and Atlanta Rhythm Section's Imaginary Lover.

I'm planning on listening so more to the other CDs since I felt I didn't give them quality time like the other ones. I did really dig Ziggy Marley's Never Deny You. I think it may be my favorite of this batch, and oddly enough it's a religious song.

No comments: