Sunday, July 3, 2011

And It Begins....


currently listening to Brian McKnight's "When the Charoit Comes" from Paula's library.

June 30th-
So not only do I not listen to music-- I have no clue on how to use any of the cool music players thingys out there. (heck I don't think I own a CD player anymore). So first things first-- learn how to download music--simple but needed style to have for this month.

I got a Color Nook for my birthday and apparently it has the accapablity of playing music--but it has to be in MP3 format. This is where You Tube videos actually are helpful and after a few pauses and clicks I got my Window Media Player ripping CD like it's on a cabbage diet. Coworker/Friend Paula was kind enough to hand over a fourth of her collection to me so that I could have a large and vast array of music to start from.

I looked at the cost of guitars online. I thought it would be great to start learning an instrutment and experience that side of music. However, I have to admit I'm starting to feel overwhlem with just LISTENING to music. So picking up an instrutment might be a different month's project.

Anycase, it looks like at one time I downloaded my CD to the computer. I came across a mix CD I created in College. I entitled it 'The Smell of Bees.' I use to drive my roommate insane with just listening to this mix over and over and over on hours on end. Sometimes I even would just select one song and listen to that over and over. I have no problem listening to the same song on unless looping for months on end. Heck if anything, it helps me focus on work.

There was a song on the mix CD that I totally forgot about, but by just listening to it I was 'Oh yeah I really love this song.' The Weakness in Me by Joan Armatrading. I love songs that deal with being in love with two people why is that?

No comments: