Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Golden Gate Park, Golden

Friend Rachel and I headed up to Golden Gate Park this last weekend. It costs $6.00 for a day pass And I believe it is well worth the money. We did the Raccoon trail which had some nice variations of sights (mountain views, tree paths, fields, and a most deforestation area at the end) And other than a little bit of walking up a hill in the middle (Which just reminds me that I'm truly am out of shape) an easy trail. Although it seems that this park isn't as big as the Rockey Mountain National Park Rachel and I visited a few months back, it does have a nice spread, friendly park rangers at the visitors' center, a shallow pond at the visitors' center with fish, and helpful marks during the walk to let you know what trail you are on and what way to other locations. Overall, a fun time.


1 comment:

katina said...

Ah, Golden Gate Canyon Park...That's the place we went for my first backpacking experience. We did the Mountain Lion Trail, and stayed at Forgotten Valley. We then hiked out by following the Mountain Lion to Burro, and then took that back down to the car.