Friday, August 29, 2008

My Life in France by Julia Child

I don't really read bio's; so when I saw a special about Julia Child on Food Network I thought she was a very interesting person/cook and wanted to learn more about her. A few weeks later, I saw this book at the library and had to get it. It's a beautiful piece that starts when Julia and husband Paul move to France a few years into their marriage. The book follows through her first cook book, many moves, the beginning of her TV show career, and the death of her beloved husband. It has a few recipes in the book that I might try and this book has differently made me a fan of French cooking. The book also has some black and white pictures that her husband took. Overall, an interesting and inspiring read (specially since she didn't start cooking until while in to her thirties)

No comments: